Tue. Jul 5th, 2022

How to Pass the Maintainability Test with Artificial Intelligence

In a 2018 study conducted by the University of Washington, it was revealed that artificial intelligence (AI) software can make errors when interpreting stimulus data, such as images and sound. This is partly due to the fact that AI is not able to distinguish between what is important or irrelevant in an image. A human, on the other hand, has a rich understanding of these variables due to their past experience and knowledge. The AI-powered robot, called Norman, was fed with disturbing images from popular websites. For example, when shown a picture of a person, Norman’s software to identify objects could not tell if the person was in the image or if it was another object such as a lampshade or an umbrella. The AI software also made mistakes when told to classify the image as similar to other images it has seen. The researchers concluded that human intelligence is needed in order for AI to work effectively.
As machines are able to continuously process and store large amounts of data without fail, they may be able to identify certain objects that humans have yet to discover. Though, as a general rule, machine learning (ML) can only be programmed; it must be modified or re-trained on new and changing information. ML can hardly teach itself anything.
An effective method to teach machine learning new information is through human intelligence. It is estimated that the majority of a company’s workforce can make the process of “generalizing” much more efficient. This generalization, also known as domain knowledge, allows machines to recognize different objects in a specific context and apply this information to similar situations in the future.
Image Source: https://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2018-11-12/companies-betting-on-artificial-intelligence-but-not-algorithms

what information is most important when passing a lighthouse
what information is most important when passing a lighthouse

What is the Most Important Thing for The Project Delivery Team?

The lighthouse project is centered on ensuring the safety of the passing ships at night. Its main focus is to improve navigation techniques that would ultimately make it safer for sailors as they sail through rough weather and new territories in search of better opportunities. The technology used to locate landlubbers within the sea has changed over time. For example, the early navigators used to navigate by following the patterns of stars, which was a challenging and risky process. However, the transition to electronic navigation systems has made the lighthouses obsolete in some instances.
The value of the lighthouse project is estimated to be between $1 and $2 billion. The primary focus of the project is to ensure the safety of sailors and fishermen in the sea. It would also help to reduce maritime accidents by reducing accidents causing loss of lives or damage to the ships and cargo. The project would be funded through a combination of public and private funding. The government would fund around 40%, or $0.8m, while the private sector would fund the remaining 60%, or $1.2m, of the project cost.

what information is most important when passing a lighthouse
what information is most important when passing a lighthouse